|HELP FOR HAITI NOW!
The catastrophic earthquake that struck Haiti this week will further devastate one of the world’s poorest nations. The disaster leaves thousands of families more vulnerable to slavery.
Support from people like you has allowed Free the Slaves to work closely with two grassroots groups that fight the entrenched system of child slavery on the ground in Haiti. One group, Limye Lavi, is based near the earthquake epicenter in Jacmel. The second group, KOFAVIV, is based in Port-au-Prince. Many of its members live in the impoverished neighborhoods that now lay in ruins.
I know that all of us are thinking about the people of Haiti as the nation recovers. Beyond the immediate humanitarian efforts now underway, Haitians will require sustained support to ensure that the progress they have made in combating slavery is not lost.
Your previous support has helped to free children and reunite families. To ensure that these anti-slavery efforts can continue at this critical time, please contribute to the Free the Slaves Haiti Fund.
Choose “Haiti Fund” in the online donation form designation window, and your funds will be dedicated to Haiti’s anti-slavery efforts.
Welcome To ALENOW.org( Isaiah 1:17): Seek justice, protect the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow. - Thank you for visiting. This blog intends to provide news, discussions and resources on social justice topics such as, Human Trafficking, Sexual Exploitation, Modern Day Slavery, Holocaust Issues and Genocide. I hope you find your visits here useful and informative. Please contact me at email@example.com
- Awesome Kid Raises $30K From Lemonade Stand, Uses Money to Fight Human Trafficking
- Coalition Launches Campaign for National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
- How One Woman is Fighting Trafficking in NYC … and Winning
- National Day of Action to End Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Today
- Free2Work Smartphone App Lets Shoppers Fight Slavery
- Awareness Book/Resource Child Abuse Child Labor Child Prostitution Debt Bondage Event Fair Trade FellowShips Forced Labor Gangs Genocide Holocaust Human Trafficking Indentured Servitude Internet Law Enforcement Modern Day Slavery News Organized Crime Sex Trafficking and Prostitution Sexual Exploitation Sexual Tourism Social Networking Take Action Uncategorized